Arris is known for manufacturing highly capable and long-lasting wireless routers and modems for connecting to the internet. Many people in the world are using Arris routers, which shows how famous this brand is. Many internet service providers rent Arris router or modem as a part of their service to their customers because they know how reliable these products are.
However, using an Arris router or modem should be wary when connected to the internet. Yes, the Arris routers are equipped with built-in protection, but it won’t help you unless you configure the device and ensure that the router is installed correctly and safe for use. Setting up and configuring a router is very easy, but if you don’t know the process, then don’t worry. You’ll get to know about it here today. you should create a secure password for your network to prevent anybody from connecting to your system without your permission, along with safeguarding your network from cybercriminals as well.
How to access the Arrisrouter configuration?
- Launch a web browser on your computer and enter “http://192.168.0.1” into the address bar.
- As you perform Arris router login, you will be asked to enter a username and password.
- If you have not changed your Arris router’s connection parameters, you will have to use the default Arris username and password, which happens to be “admin” and “password.”
- Once you’ve entered the default username and password, you will be able to perform a successful Arris router login. We recommend that you use a strong password to avoid any cybersecurity issues with the modem.
How to factory reset the Arris router?
To set up an Arris router, you need to enter the default username and password. However, if you haven’t provided details for some reason, the fastest way around this issue is to perform a factory reset. It will clean all the router settings. You will have to complete the entire setup process again.
- To start the router’s factory reset process, you need to press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds and ensure that the router power is on.
- Now, unplug the Arris router from the power supply while holding the reset button for 30 seconds more.
- Turn the device back on without releasing the reset button and hold it down for 30 seconds after you plug it back in.
- Doing this will reset your router to its factory defaults, so all the settings that you have changed will be gone.
Now, you will have to set up your router from scratch, so make sure you configure it correctly to avoid any issue later on. Also, keep in mind to change the router’s username and password. You should select a strong password because, after all, it is a matter of your network’s integrity.
For more details on Arris Router, you can check out.