Frontier Router Login Step By Step Guide
Frontier is like every other internet service provider that makes use of a different router or modem like Pace, Greenwave, Actiontec, D-Link, Arris, etc. Are you a user of Frontier router or modem, and you need to login to the Frontier internet router or FiOS to apply updates or make changes? This article contains step by step guide on how you can log into Frontier router by making use of default IP address and credentials, i.e., default username and password. Below are the steps on how to access your router;
Step 1: Connect to your Frontier Router network
Connect your mobile device or PC to your network using Ethernet-LAN cable or wireless Wi-Fi connection.
Step 2: Open your preferred web browser on your smartphone, laptop, or PC.
Ensure the device you are making use of is connected to the router’s network. Navigate to the router’s IP address. Enter http://192.168.1.1 as this is the router gateway for the Frontier router login or modem. When you do this, a login screen appears. In case it does not, then the IP address of the particular Frontier router model may be different. If this happens to be the case, check the label of the Frontier router to identify the model.
Step 3: Enter your default username and password.
Enter your router’s IP login, i.e., Default username ‘admin’ and default password ‘password.’ Although for some router, their username and password can differ. In case you forgot your username and password, then make use of these steps.
- Hard or Factory rest: this is done by pressing the resetting button for a few seconds on the back of the router using a needle or paper clip. After a few seconds, release and pause till router reboot. This helps restores default settings.
- You can also make use of the Password Recover Feature. This is done on some particular model of Frontier model, i.e., Netgear, which has the Password Recovery feature.
Step 4: Now that you have gained entry, you may also change the default password
Change the password to a more secure code that you can easily recall. This is because, if you still make use of the default password written on the router, anyone with access to your router can have access to the configuration of the router, which has more damning consequences than accessing the network itself. Therefore, to change the default password, click on the ‘Change Admin Password’ in the left navigation and follow these below steps;
- Search for your network SSID or name and password on a label at the back, side, or bottom of the router.
- Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi wireless router.
- Choose either WPA or WPA2 security and AES encryption when asked and depending on options.
- Proceed to create a strong password when asked to keep your router secure with a minimum of eight characters, which is a mix of symbols, letters, and digits with no space. Do no personal use info or common words.