Spectrum routers are widely used in the US, and people know these routers as ‘Charter Spectrum Routers’. Spectrum, as we all know, is into multiple niches such as internet, cable, TV streaming services and many more. The internet service comes with a complimentary modem/router, which users get access to without paying any rental fee. Therefore, if you are a Spectrum user, then you will get a modem on rent without paying any extra buck to the company. The only time you will be paying is when buying one of the company’s Wi-Fi plans.
There are several subscription plans that you can choose from, based on the speed, data usage, data limit and more. You will get a complimentary router, but if you want, you can get the router of your own choice as well. In case, you are planning to buy a Spectrum router rather than renting one, then you must know about the technical aspects of the router such as, which router is going to be compatible with your internet connection, the power source it needs and many more. Once you have answers to all these basic yet important questions, you can get the router; otherwise, it is better to rent the router without paying a single penny. Besides a free rental router, the company also offers free antivirus, a feature that you must definitely opt for.
If you are trying to figure out the process of setting up and configuring your Spectrum router, then here is what you are going to do:
Spectrum modem accompanies with the following items –
We are taking a small de-route before getting onto the setup and configuration process of the Spectrum router. It is important for you to know as to what different components Spectrum router has. Here is the list of the same:
- A modem.
- A power cord.
- A two-way splitter.
- An Ethernet cable.
- Two sets of coaxial cables.
- User guide.
Here are the steps for setting up and configuring Spectrum Router:
- The process begins with connecting one end of the coaxial cable being connected to the cable outlet with the other end going into the modem’s port where it fits perfectly.
- With this, your modem is ready to deliver the internet, but in case, you are using voice and TV service as well, then you will have to use a splitter. Therefore, the one end of the coaxial cable that you have connected to the cable outlet remains intact, but the other end is now connected to the splitter. Take other two coaxial cables and connect one of their ends to the output ports of the splitter. The other ends of the cable will go into the input ports of the Spectrum modem and receiver respectively.
- So far so good, now you will have to plug the modem into the power outlet using a power cord. With one end being connected to the AC mains, the other end needs to be connected to the modem. As you make this connection, turn on the power supply followed by waiting for a couple of minutes because that’s how much the modem is going to take to power up.
- It’s time to use the Ethernet cable, so connect one end of the cable to the Spectrum modem with another end going into the Ethernet port of your Wi-Fi router or PC.
- With that, the setup concludes and now, you need to launch a web browser and enter ‘activate.spectrum.net’ in the address bar. You can do this step on your PC or smartphone. As the webpage opens, click on ‘Get Started’ and enter all the necessary details asked on the page. At last, click the ‘Activate’ button to conclude the activation process.
In case, you find any issues setting up and configuring your Spectrum router, then you can consult experts for the same.